• Sign up for a Visura Basic/Free, Standard, Plus, Prime, or Guild
membership account to submit for consideration.
• All submissions are made via a “Story” created from your Visura dashboard.
• Set Story to 'private' within the Visura system.
• Each submission must include a candidate bio and portrait
, a written reflection
as the project text, and 3 work samples
made up of photographs and/or videos created in the past 2 years.
• One entry allowed per person.
• There is no entry fee during the application process.
• No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of earning an invitation for publication.
• We’ll be reaching out to the storytellers we’re interested in collaborating with to coordinate.Eligibility
• Professional photographers, filmmakers, illustrators, animators, and graphic designers
• Identify as women or non-binary.
• Freelancers and those affiliated with brands and media organizations.
• One visual project in the past year that took more than 2 months to complete.
• Full working website.
• We’re particularly interested in storytellers making visual content that reflects their own communities or topics they have deep personal experience with.For the bio and portrait
• One (1) portrait. Photograph size: 1600px on the longest dimension, 72dpi, jpeg format.
• A short professional bio written in the third person.For the written reflection800-1200 words in the first person, in plain English, answering the following prompts in Q&A format:
For work samples
- How did you get into visual storytelling?
- What stories are you telling through visual media?
- Why are these stories valuable for the overall community they represent?
- What comes up when you reflect on your most recent project?
- How do you replenish your energy between projects?
- What does self-care look like to you?
- Where do you go for inspiration?
- What would you like viewers to take away from your work?
• Should be already published work or work that can be spotlighted indefinitely without interfering with future opportunities for the candidate.
• Three (3) photographs and/or videos that best represent the scope and style of the candidate’s work made within the past two years.
• Videos not in English must contain English subtitles.
• Photograph size: 1600px on the longest dimension, 72dpi, jpeg format.
• No watermarks.
• Each photograph and video must be accompanied by a caption describing the date, place, and content.