- The IWMF will accept applications and third-party nominations in English, French, or Spanish until March 1, 2020.
Nomination and Application Guidelines:
- Full-time journalists.
- Journalism must be a candidate’s primary vocation.
- Both freelance journalists and those affiliated with media organizations are eligible.
- Identify as women.
- • Sign up for a VISURA Basic/Free, Standard, Plus, Prime or Guild membership account to submit for consideration.
•Each nomination and application must include candidate information
, work samples
made up of a series of 12 photographs, and a candidate/nomination statement
.For Work Sample:
- **The required work samples are 12 photographs that best represent the scope and style of the candidate’s work, within the context of challenging reporting environments.
- **All submissions are made via a “Story” created from your Visura photographer's dashboard.
- **Stories should be set to 'private' within the Visura system.
- **Image size: minimum 1600px on the longest dimension (22.5 inches @ 72 dpi, JPG format)
- **Each photograph must be accompanied by a caption describing the date, place, and situation captured.
- **Six (6) of the photos must have been taken within the past two years (2018-2020). The other six can be taken at any time during the candidate’s career.
- **Limit one story per photographer.
- For Candidate/Nomination Statement:
- **Submissions must include an up-to-500 words candidate/nomination statement. The statement must answer the following questions:
- 1. What stories does the candidate tell through her photos?
- 2. Under what conditions does the candidate work?
- 3. How do the submitted photographs with this nomination capture the scope of the candidate’s work?
- 4. How do the candidate’s career and work reflect the values of Anja Niedringhaus?
- 5. Candidate statements must be written in English.
to view a video tutorial on how to submit from the contest page. Click here
to view a video tutorial on how to submit from the homepage. If you need further assistance for submission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For any inquiries related to the 2020 Anja Niedringhaus Courage in Photojournalism Award, please contact Jin Ding at email@example.com