The Grant has a multi-tiered mission:
- • All submissions are made via a “Project” created from your Visura photographer's dashboard
- • Projects may be ongoing or a recently completed
- • Image size: minimum 1600px on the longest dimension(22.5 inches @ 72 dpi, JPG format)
- • Include a written reflection, in the first person, as the Project text
- • One entry allowed per person or collective
- • Projects may be 'published' or 'private' within the Visura system
- • There is no entry fee during the application process.
1) recognize professional Visual Artists worldwide working in photography, film or any visual form of stories; 2) support an ongoing or a new project; 3) bring the work of Visual Artists working on global climate change stories to key industry editors, scientists and leaders worldwide; and, 4) promote the connection between art and science.
Who can submit: Photographers worldwide. All Applicants must have an active BASIC, STANDARD, PLUS or PRIME membership account to submit for consideration. Don't have a Visura Account? Sign up here!
Submission to Visura Grants and Open Calls are free for our members. If you are not a current member of Visura and would like to be considered for this grant and other opportunities, please explore the options to join us.Please note
that while we encourage new members to join Visura (review costs
), we actively discourage photographers from joining the paid levels for the sole purpose of applying to this grant.
What to submit: Each Entry consists of a project made up of a series of images (minimum of 15 images, maximum 35) or a video (max duration 10 mins), a short synopsis and 100 to 400 word written reflection about the project.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Open only to individuals who are Visura Annual Members with an active BASIC, STANDARD, PLUS or PRIME annual membership, have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction at the time of entry, and DO NOT reside in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria. Employees of FotoVisura Inc., United Photo Industries, and related parties are ineligible. Each entry consists of a project(s) entry form, a series of photographs or a video, a project summary, and a first-person narrative related to the work. Entries must be received by March 31, 2018 11:59:00 pm EDT. One entry allowed per person or collective. This is a merit-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of winners. Odds of winning depend on numbers of entries received and skill of entrant. Review full Official Rules at http://visura.co/assignments/. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sponsor is FotoVisura Inc., PO BOX 936 Stowe, VT 05672 & UNITED PHOTO INDUSTRIES, 16 Main Street, #B, DUMBO Brooklyn NY 11201.