Submissions are closed.
Submission to Visura Grants and Open Calls is free for our members. While we encourage new members to join Visura (review costs), we actively discourage photographers from joining for the sole purpose of applying to a contest.
We believe in a better model and we seek to create an alternative to the status quo of pay-per-contest.
• Images MUST have been taken in 2016. CNN Photos needs to know the specific date it was shot, not just the month.
• Images MUST have complete caption information IN the file’s metadata (who/what/when/where/etc) or else the image will not be considered.
• Please notify in the submission any post-production editing other than color-correcting etc.
• All submissions are made via a “Project” created from your Visura photographer's dashboard
• Image size: minimum 1600px on the longest dimension(22.5 inches @ 72 dpi, JPG format)
• Projects may be 'published' or 'private' within the Visura system.
Your submissions must include the items listed below.
THEME: The 2016 CNN Year in Photos
How to submit:
All submissions are made via a “Project” created from your Visura’'s dashboard.
Who can submit:
Photographers worldwide, who have sports, news, entertainment, feature, politics, etc., images. Eligible photographs must have a shoot date on or after January 1, 2016. All Applicants must have an active PLUS, PRIME or GUILD membership account to submit for consideration.
What to submit:
Please send in your best sports, news, entertainment, feature, politics, etc., single images for consideration for publication by CNN. Photographs must have a shoot date on or after January 1, 2016. Submissions should include caption information for the images as well as the specific date they were shot (month and day).
Image size: minimum 1600px on the longest dimension (22.5 inches @ 72 dpi, JPG format). Each image must have a caption.
Selected photographers will be given the opportunity have their best single images published in one of CNN's year-end galleries. CNN will select submissions for publication based on its editorial discretion. CNN will pay a standard rate to license the images it selects for publication.