The composites on this series belong to the the Old Whaling Station set up by the "Compañia Ballenara Española" or Spanish Whaling Company in 1921 in Getares, near Algeciras, Andalusia, Spain.
The factory was owned by the Norwegians Lorentz Brunnd and Carl F. Herlofson. In a mere 5 years the whaling boats leaving the station wiped out thousands of sperm and fin whales. The company was dissolved in 1930, since then the ruins of the old factory have remain in a sorry state of neglect. There are several fin whale bones scattered all over the grounds.
In the period that the company operated it processed 3,610 Baleen whales (Rourcuals) and 352 Sperm Whales.
The factory was resurrected in the 50's for a second whaling campaing, stocks where so heavily depeleted by then that the station was only able to process 291 Rorcuals and 372 Sperm Whales.