Born in Stavropol,Russia,in 1974,Eduard Korniyenko became a professional photographer in 2000. In 2002 he joined the Russian Union of Journalists.At present,Korniyenko is a full-time photo-correspondent for the regional newspaper Stavropol Pravda and a freelancer for the news agency REUTERS.Several international online news outlets have published Korniyenko's photographs.His work as a photojournalist has focused on developments in Northern Caucasus,which has experienced ethnic and intercultural conflict and political and economic instability.
- 2015 - IPA 2015, Photo Essay and Feature Story, Honorable Mention, USA
2016 – The Best of Russia, Russia, Winner.
2017 – SONY WORLD PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS, United Kingdom, Sport category, 2nd Prize.
2017 – Fine Art Photography Award, Photojournalism category, Nominee, London.
2017 – Kolga Tbilisi Photo, documentary category, Georgia, Finalist.
2017 – Prize Bronze in Press / Sports category, PX3 PRIX LA PHOTOGRAPHIE PARIS, France.
2017 – MIFA (Moscow International Foto Awards), Sport category, Silver Prize, Moscow, Russia.
2017 - Felix Schoeller Photo Award, Landscape / Nature, Finalist, Germany.
2017 – IPA (Russia), Photography of Year, Winner, LA, USA.
2017 - The Exposure Award, Winner, USA.
2017 - PhotogrVphy Grant, Photojournalism, Nominee, London, UK.
2017 - The Chealsea International Photography Competition, New York, USA.
- 2017 - IPA 2017, International Photographer of the Year, Finalist, LA, USA.
- 2017 - Siena International Photo Awards, Story Telling, Remarkable Award, Siena, Italy.
- 2017- ND Photography Awards 2017, Editorial, 1st, 3st places and Honorable mention awards, USA.
- 2017 - Chromatic Awards, Honorable Mention: Portrait, Sports, Street, Wildlife and Animals, USA.
- 2018 - Balkan Photо Festival, 1st place Mobile photography, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- 2018 - IPOTY 2017 (International Photographer of the Year), Photo Essay/Story (Professional) and Sports (Professional) Honorable mention, London, UK.