Tory Ho is a visual storyteller originally from Hong Kong. She is currently studying Press & Editorial Photography at Falmouth University. Through her work, she is interested in communicating ideas regarding social issues and modern culture.
Hao Kiu Ho, Tory
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.toryho.com | +44 (0)75 92477354
dual citizenship: Hong Kong/Canada
current location: UK
- Highly ambitious and motivated Press & Editorial photography student.
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Skilled at researching and generating ideas for stories.
- Committed to a photographic career with an international photographic agency.
- Experienced with utilising social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Facebook) for promotion and storytelling.
BA (Hons) Press & Editorial Photography, Falmouth University 2014 - 2017 (expected)
- Narrative & Storytelling: News, Editorial & Documentary; Audio Visual, Multimedia.
- Photographic Practice: Building Blocks of Press & Editorial Photography; Genre; News, Editorial & Documentary.
- Professional Studies: Communication, Copyright and Business; Law, Ethics & Human Rights.
- Photographic Theory: Critical Approaches to Reading the Image; Genre, Cultural & Critical Context.
- Strong grasp of image copyrights, photojournalistic ethics & human rights and critical analysis.
Editorial Photographer Intern, Getty Images, London, Britain Nov 2016
- Worked with the Director of Photography for EMEA and the Managing Editor of News to cover daily assignments.
- Maintained full awareness of current affairs to ensure contextual understanding for assignments.
- Used photoshop to make minor adjustments to photos.
- Successfully have work published in The Guardian, The Independent and The Huffington Post.
Picture Editor Intern, REX Features/Shutterstock, London, Britain Nov 2015 - Dec 2015
- Used insightful judgement to identify and edit the most impactful photographs, while ensuring that relevant aspects of the story was covered.
- Reviewed images for quality and overall integrity, and approved or edited captions for accuracy.
- Applied the most accurate keywords while ensuring that all relevant elements and themes of the image was described.
- Liaised with the Head of Editorial Assignments to ensure events were covered.
- Maintained the photo archive (physical negatives/prints).
- Organised workflow through photography applications FileZilla and Lightbox.
Freelance Photographer, Cartel Photos, Falmouth, Britain Jun 2014 - Present
- Photographs local events, previous clients include: Falmouth University, Falmouth Nursery, Next Steps Cornwall, and Lavrak Dance.
- Works with the Picture Desk Manager to ensure events are covered.
- Highly skilled in digital photography and videography.
- Experienced with Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge, Premiere Pro, Audition, and Muse.
- Experienced with photography softwares FileZilla and Lightbox.
- Knowledgeable with studio lights - Elinchrom and Bowen kits.
- Participant of NOOR/Nikon workshop - Manchester, UK 2017
- ‘Straight Up’ exhibition, PZ Gallery - Penzance, UK 2016
- ‘Square One’ exhibition, Oxford House - London, UK 2016
- Published in 205 DPI magazine 2015
- Winner of Ideas Fund Innovators (16 to 22) 2015
- Published in Pig House Pictures blog 2014