Matic Zorman is Slovenian photographer, born in 1986.
In 2008 he began his career by contributing news images to a variety of Slovenian newspapers and magazines on a daily basis.His work was published in The Washington Post, Independent, National Geographic Slovenia and other publications.
Since documenting aftermath of Palestinian-Israeli conflict in Gaza for the first time in 2010, he has focused on unveiling and highlighting the humanitarian issues that remain hidden in one of most reported conflicts. Passionate about documentary projects and reporting conflict through personal stories of those affected by it, Matic is motivated to fight omnipotent apathy by putting a face of a victims who’s stories would otherwise be reported as a statistics.
Matic sees personal stories as crucial to the understanding of the multilayered consequences of conflicts throughout Middle East. In 2013 he was invited in roster of emerging talents by Reportage by Getty Images, in 2015 he attended NOOR-Nikon Masterclass in Belgrade.
He speaks English, Slovenian, Serbo-Croatian and basic Arabic.
Selected Awards & Recognitions:
• Slovene Association of Journalists: 2015 “Media Watchdog” award for exceptional achievements in press photography
• Slovenia Press Photo 2015: Winning Photo of the Year
• Slovenia Press Photo 2015: News Story of the Year
• The Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Award 2015: Top Stories, 3rd prize
• Magnum 30 under 30 Award 2015: Shortlist
• Reportage by Getty Images 2013: Emerging Talent Award
• Slovenia Press Photo 2012: Winning Reportage of the Year
• Slovenia Press Photo 2012: News Story of the Year
• Institute and Academy of Multimedia, IAM, Ljubljana, Slovenia: Multimedia Program, 2008