Get Out There: Communications Seminars
uganda press photo award
Oct 15, 2020
The Uganda Press Photo Award is proud to present a series of communications seminars for early-and-mid-career photographers and photojournalists in partnership with Visura.co.
This series of talks centres around the creation and management of a professional online presence, and how that can enable photographers to manage their work, connect with media professionals worldwide and market themselves in this very competitive international industry. We’ll discuss the available platforms and what the implications of sharing images on them entails, as well as how photographers can benefit from and capitalize on their online presence without jeopardizing the value of their work.1. Understanding the photographic self and figuring out your visual voice- With Lauren Steel, Visual Thinking Collective
October 26th, 4:00pm - 5:00pm EAT
2. Build your website & manage your work- With Adriana Teresa Letorney, Visura
October 27th, 4:00pm - 5:00pm EAT
3. Marketing your work and news- blogs, newsletters & social media- With Rachel Abady, Visura
October 28th, 4:00pm - 5:00pm EAT
4. The art of pitching- With Sumy Sadurni, Freelance Photojournalist
October 29th, 4:00pm - 5:00pm EAT
5. Building networks - awards, festivals and education- With Amy Daniels, Of Soul and Joy Photo Project
October 30th, 11:00am - 12:00pm EAT
6. Grants writing 101- With With Jin Ding, International Women’s Media Foundation
October 30th, 4:00pm - 5:00pm EAT
All seminars will be via Zoom. REGISTER HERE!
Please be advised that admittance to all these sessions will be only via registration in the form shared above and we will not be sharing them via Facebook Live. Should you have any questions do send us an email at email@example.com.