Free with active membership (Standard, Plus, Prime, or Guild)
Note on submission fees — Visura encourages users to take full advantage of their membership after submitting for this award.
Visura believes in a better model and we seek to create an alternative to the status quo of pay-per-contest.
A Visura account is a year long membership providing resources and opportunities to bridge the gap between photographers and editors/art buyers, including:
1) access to stream your archive to leading editors and art buyers; 2) a Profile which streams to the community at large; 3) a website builder -
use Visura to power your personal website, and connect your website archive to our network; and 4) a diverse program of Grants & Open Calls.
• The Uganda Press Photo Award will accept published and unpublished photographs.
• All submissions are made via an Image uploaded from the Visura platform.
• The contest is restricted to Ugandan citizens, 18 years of age or older.
• All entries must have been taken between August 1st 2020 and August 1st 2021, and must be submitted by August 1st 2021. This will be confirmed via EXIF data.
• Each entrant can submit up to 3 single images for 3 different categories.
• Entry is free.
• In each category, the jury will select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd photograph(s). Prizes will be awarded for each place.
• One photograph will be selected as the Uganda Press Photo of the year and the author of that photograph will receive the main prize.
• The jury reserves the right not to award any or all prizes. All decisions by the jury will be final.
• By entering the competition the photographer confirms that they are the original author of the image(s) and that they own the rights to all the images they enter into this competition, or if they are an employee of a media organization they have all necessary permissions from their organization.
• Winning entries with explicit permission from the photographer can be part of our annual exhibition.
• Employees of FOTEA/UPPA, Visura, the judging panel and any family members cannot enter the contest.
• Employes of the Friedrich-Ebert-Foundation (FES), FOTEA/UPPA and the judging panel will not enter into dialogue with entrants.
• With the submission the photographer agrees to the Terms and Conditions.
• Only photographs in digital form will be accepted. There should be no watermarks, identifying marks or names of authors written on the photographs.
• Each photograph has to be max. 2mb & saved at the highest quality, at 300 dpi, minimum 3000 pixels on the longer side.
• Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will not be accepted. Only minimal adjustments are allowed. The organizers reserve the right to ask for unedited images.
• All photographs should include a caption (short description of who, what, where, when, why. Not more than 50 words per photograph. Include when and where the photograph was first published) in the EXIF data/metadata.