Submissions are closed.
Submission to Visura Grants and Open Calls is free for our members. While we encourage new members to join Visura (review costs), we actively discourage photographers from joining for the sole purpose of applying to a contest.
We believe in a better model and we seek to create an alternative to the status quo of pay-per-contest.
- All submissions are made via a “Project” created from your Visura dashboard (see "How to submit" below for info/direction regarding creating "dashboard")
- Projects should be in planning or in progress
- Projects should not exceed 20 minutes in final, edited format
- Projects should be subtitled in English if language of origin is otherwise
- Completed projects do not qualify for consideration
Submit an electronic package including;
- About (200 words or less): include birth date of writer and/or director
- Film proposal
- Abbreviated budget and ideal production timeline
- Film Location: town/state/country
- Original language of film
- Sample of the director’s previous work (link to website/Vimeo/YouTube channel)
How to submit:
Each entry consists of one film proposal, abbreviated budget and ideal production timeline, and a sample of the director's previous work. Supporting files/samples for submitted project and previous works can be uploaded directly to the application or can be included as links to files on sharing websites (such as Vimeo, YouTube).
- Limit of one project per person
- Instructions on how to embed Videos to the Visura platform, here
- For active Visura members, projects may be “published” or “private” within the Visura system
(learn more about Project Privacy settings)
- For Basic Visura members projects are automatically "private" (all non-Visura members submitting to this grant will automatically create a Basic account when you first sign in - free for the duration of the grant process and very quick)
- Applications lacking in supporting material will not be considered for evaluation nor will the applicant be contacted to send the missing material
Who can submit:
Individuals aged 19 to 24 working in the film medium. All Applicants must have an active BASIC, STANDARD, PLUS, PRIME or GUILD membership account to submit for consideration. For non-members, when you submit to The Scout Film Festival Short Film Grant, you are required to create a free Basic account with Visura which you will be prompted to do at the very beginning of the application process - this only takes a moment.
Please note that while we encourage new members to join Visura (review costs), we actively discourage you from joining the paid levels for the sole purpose of applying to this grant.