This scholarship is available to Visura members, who are photographers or photojournalists worldwide with active Plus, PRIME or GUILD accounts
. There is no entry fee during the application process.
- What to submit: Each Entry consists of a project made up of a series of images (minimum of 25 images, maximum 30), a short synopsis and a 500 written reflection answering the following questions: 1. Why is this project important to you? 2. Why would you like to attend this workshop? 3. If completed, when was it photographed? If ongoing, when did you begin the story/project? What is the story you want to convey?
- • Limited to one image or video project per communicator.
- • Include 25-30 images
- • Projects may be ongoing or recently completed personal project.
- • All submissions are made via a “Project” created from your Visura photographer's dashboard
- • Projects may be 'published' or 'exclusive' within the Visura system.
- NOTE: **Visura will not be responsible for additional costs, including travel, food, tickets to the Festival and accommodations.**
- Visura will be accepting submissions from June 21 to July 5, 2017 at 11:59pm local time. The winner will be announced by July 10 , 2017 via newsletter. He or she will receive a sponsored invitation to attend the workshop.
The Erotic Eye Workshop
was created by Donna Ferrato and Tomeu Coll in 2015. It is a guided tour through the world of eroticism, symbols, and fantasies. At its heart is the belief that we are born to love and be loved, and that, in the words of the late great Czech photographer Miroslav Tichý, “All of society is based on sexuality.”
Ferrato has already led three Erotic Eye Workshops in Spain, Germany, and the U.S. and its examination of the complexities of sex, love, and violence are the cornerstones of her work.
July 16/17 2017Time:
9.30am-1pm / 3pm-6pm / possible activities with the teacher during the nightsLevel:
Professional and not professional photographersLanguage:
English / The presence of a translator is not provided.What you need:
your camera, your laptopWhere:
Sant'Agostino, CortonaAbout Visura's Career Development Program
This initiative is part of the Career Development Program
, a side program that offers grants, scholarships, and open call opportunities to Visura members to support furthering their work and career. In partnership with publications, brands and other leading institutions, Visura empowers content creators with opportunities to further their work, vision, and career.
- The scholarship has a three-tiered mission:
- 1) support the career development of Visura individual members;
- 2) recognize the talent in the Visura Community, who are proactively planning and taking steps towards furthering their career goals;
- 3) support the work, vision, and dedication of Visura individual members.