FOLLOW SCOUT FILM FESTIVAL VIA VISURA
- All submissions are made via the submission page on Visura
- Films may be in planning, ongoing, or recently completed
- Projects should not exceed 20 minutes in a final, edited format
- DEADLINE: August 19, 2022, at 11:59:00 p.m. EDT
Who can submit:
- Writers/Directors aged 18 and Under in the short film medium.
- All Applicants must create a Profile in Visura to submit for consideration. (Create your Profile. Select Free account)
- All Applicants must have an active BASIC/Free, STANDARD, PLUS, PRIME or GUILD membership account to submit for consideration. For non-members, when you submit to The Scout Film Festival Emerging Filmmakers Grant, you are required to create a free Basic account with Visura which you will be prompted to do at the very beginning of the application process.
that while we encourage new members to join Visura and upgrade if you are a professional visual storyteller (review costs
), we actively discourage you from joining the paid levels for the sole purpose of applying to this grant.
What to submit: Each entry consists of one film proposal, an abbreviated budget, ideal production timeline, and a sample of the director's previous work.
Submit an electronic package (pdf) including:
- Video: Embed your video (Vimeo or YouTube recommended) into your submission (Instructions).
- Poster Image: Upload at least 1 image to your submission (required).
- Text: Include a written description as the Project text
- Number of Entries: One entry allowed per person
- Privacy Settings: Film may be set to 'published' or 'private' within the Visura system
- Subtitles: Projects should be subtitled in English if the language of origin is otherwise
- About (200 words or less): include the birth date of the director and writer, film location (town/state/country), the original language of film
- Film proposal/deck
- Abbreviated budget and ideal production timeline
- Sample of the director’s previous work (link to website/Vimeo/YouTube channel)
Supporting files/samples for a submitted film project and previous works can be uploaded directly to the application or can be included as links to files on sharing websites (such as Vimeo, YouTube).
For active Visura members with Standard or Plus accounts, stories may be set to “public”, "exclusive" or “private” (learn more about Project Privacy settings
); For members with Basic/Free accounts, your embedded films are automatically set to "private" setting, which means that no one can see them unless they have access to the url page.Applications lacking in supporting material will not be considered for evaluation nor will the applicant be contacted to send the missing material. So please make sure to complete your Visura profile, and that your submission includes all the material required.
A reader/screening committee will assess the received proposals and select the proposal to be sent to the Industry Jury. A panel of film and media industry professionals along with representatives from Scout Film Festival and Visura will review a select group of filmmaker projects for funding consideration. Winning filmmakers will be required to share their finished film at the Scout Film Festival within the first year of completion.
All filmmakers submitting for this grant must be aged 18 and Under when submitting the proposal and can be located anywhere in the world other than Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria in order to participate. The winning film must have a single page film credit at the end or beginning of the film acknowledging the Scout Film Festival Emerging Filmmakers Grant and Metronome Film Company as a provider of production funds for said film.
All music and other copyrighted material (images, videos, etc.) used in the final film must be properly licensed. There are various resources that offer free music and images.
To submit your proposal you will be required to provide your first and last name; birth date; email address; and content/director URL. The information you provide will be used only for contest administration and to contact contest winners. Your information will not be used for any other purpose or shared with any party not affiliated with the Festival and the Contest except to the extent permitted by law.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS:
Winning filmmaker(s) will be notified in person or via the email address provided on the entry form. The winning proposal/filmmaker will be awarded the Grant Prize Package within 60 days of announcement.
The winner will be chosen by the Industry Jury and the Festival on the merits of each entry in the Festival’s sole and absolute discretion. If a winner does not respond to the notification within ten (10) business days, another winner will be chosen. Failure to respond within the time frames listed above shall mean that the provisional winner forfeits the prize.
RULES FOR ENTRY:
An Entry must be the original work of the Entrant, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If an Entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the Entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the Entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submitting such Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by the Festival in the manner set forth in these Terms, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Entry, music licenses and location releases. The Festival reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to the Festival from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Entry null and void. By submitting an Entry, the Entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the Entry consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.By submitting an Entry, the Entrant acknowledges and agrees that:the Winning filmmaker(s) will be required to share their finished film at the Scout Film Festival within the first year of completion, and the winning film must have a single page film credit at the end or beginning of the film acknowledging the Scout Film Festival Emerging Filmmakers Grant and Metronome Film Company as a provider of production funds for said film.
Any Entry not in English must contain English subtitles.
By submitting an Entry, the Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Festival may obtain many Entries in connection with this Contest and that such Entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other Entries submitted in connection with this Contest. The Entrant waives any and all claims that any Entries and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the Festival may be similar to the Entrant’s Entry, or that any compensation is due to the Entrant in connection with such other Entry or other works used by the Festival.We are excited to see your work from a completely different angle and watch it come to life.For further questions or inquiries regarding the open call, contact Scout at email@example.com or visit Scout's website: www.scoutfilmfestival.org.
*For tech support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org