Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Photographer, Photojournalist, Travel, Sports, Documentary, News, Photography, Portraiture, Stock
Sports, Photo Assisting, Photo Editing, Photojournalism
Languages Spoken: English
Years of experience: More than 10
Ahmad Yusni, experienced visual journalist with strength in portraits, sports and documentary for European Pressphoto Agency (EPA) 2003-2013).
He received basic formal training in photography from youth training center in photography in 1989.
- 1. Magnumphotos Matt Black workshop in Singapore, 2016 to understand long-term documentary projects.
- 2. 2017 Sahidul Alam "storytelling in the digital age workshop" in Kuala Lumpur
- 3. 2014 Advanced visual storytelling with Justin Mott in Penang, Malaysia.
- 1. June 2020 -
- BRIDGING THE DISTANCE : MAKING US STRONGER . An exhibition documenting national responses to the Covid-19 pandemic
- by a group of Malaysian photographers.
- 2. Outshine Cancer Survivor photography exhibition at National Gallery, Kuala Lumpur.
- 3. Dirgahayu Photography Exhibition of army veteran portraits at Publika, KL.
- 4. A campaign photo series "yes, I am aware" to raise awareness of clinical trials among patients and the public
- 5. Nov 2017 - Group photo exhibition with Malaysian Press Photographers Association (MPPA)
2015 to present - Independent Freelance Photographer
2003 - 2014 Chief Photographer for European Pressphoto Agency (EPA) in Malaysia
2002 - 2003 : Full time stringer for Agence France Presse (AFP) in Malaysia
Staff photographer for World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
Photographer for eduction portal,
1995 - 2000 : Staff Photographer, The Sun daily newspaper in Malaysia
Adept at breaking news and unrest, Yusni is also no stranger to humanitarian and social photo features, documentary, politics and government, sports photography, and commercial work. Highlights of his career include coverage of the 2004 Asian Tsunami, the 2010 Thailand anti-government unrest organized by "Red-Shirt" demonstrators, and the 2014 aftermath of the Malaysia Airlines flights MH370 and MH17 twin tragedies.
Yusni's sports photography experience include the 2008 Beijing Olympics, the 2010 FIFA World Cup Football in South Africa, and he is a veteran of the FIA Formula One and Moto Grand Prix, with 11 and 13 consecutive years coverage of the two respective motorsports events. Ahmad Yusni's work has been published extensively in the New York Times, International Herald Tribune/International New York Times, USA Today, Stern, Der Spiegel, El Pais, The Wall Street Journal, South China Morning Post, The Nation, Bangkok Post, NBC News, The Telegraph, Jakarta Globe, The Star, Time, and many other international and regional publications.
Website : www.ahmadyusni.com