Katie Simmonds is a photographer, visual storyteller and Business Development Manager at Canon Central and North Africa. She is responsible for the development and management of Canon’s industry programs and sustainability initiatives within Pan-African markets, fully aligned with and supporting current Mid Term Plan (MTP) goals.
• Responsible for working in conjunction with HQ’s Executive Vice President, Strategic Development Director and department functions to devise and implement MTP strategies throughout EMEA emerging markets
• Develop Brand Communication and Brand Building programs with strong insights. Ensure all the marketing activities and materials comply with relevant Acts, legal demands, ethical standards and are properly used by the salesforce.
• Implement the creation of sustainability activities and programs across Africa with marketing and communication strategies to engage various stakeholder audiences in both the goals of the programs and Canons’ wider business.
• Responsible for identifying and providing relevant insight on markets within the region to grow the business.
• Support key markets to build and maintain strategic relationships with current and future partners.
• Develop key partnerships with both Pan-EMEA and local in-country Government officials, NGO’s, vendors offering sustainability initiatives, delivery partners, & key local influencers.
• Responsible for delivery and day-to-day management of the programs, overseeing a wide range of activities.
• Project manage cross-functional teams to deliver programs running simultaneously across various African countries.
Her passion and interests in global culture, sociology and photography can be viewed on her website www.katiesimmonds.com