Available in: Quito, Ecuador
Photographer, Photojournalist, Researcher, Documentary, Author, Arts & Culture, Freelance, Humanitarian, Assignments, Educator, Professor, Explorer, Human Rights, Investigation, Artist, Education
Research, Copy Editing, Image Archiving, Digital Printing, Photo Assisting, Historical Processing, Color Correction, Photo Editing, Black & White Printing, Color Printing, Print Making, Curating, Exhibition Design, Photojournalism, Retouching, Film Processing, Film Photography
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Years of experience: 6 to 10
My work in the artistic and photographic field is related to issues of human rights, migration, education and gender.
My labour is based on the belief in the social importance of photography as a way to relate, make visible and support the work of historically vulnerable movements, so my work aims to build a dignified, empathetic and respectful look towards various groups such as peasants, indigenous people, women, educators, people in human mobility, environmental groups, LGBTIQ+, defenders of territories, and others.
Jorge Mantilla Ortega Award in the Photojournalism category (2020). Member of Women Photograph, Fluxus Foto collective and Ecuadorian Photographers Association.
Production grant from the National Geographic Society 2020 Emergency Fund for Journalists (Fluxus Foto). Selected artist for the MUFF/Caminos Conjuntos 2020-2021 program of the Centro de Fotografía de Montevideo (Uruguay) and finalist of the IV Edition of the Brazil Emerging Art Award 2019.
I have worked for NGOs and international agencies such as Bloomberg, Reuters, Plan International, United Nations University, GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft), Conservación Internacional, Enseña Ecuador (Teach for all), Scalabrinian Mission of Ecuador. I published my work in local and international media such as: The Washington Post, The Iris Times, Human Rights Watch, Spotlight Initiative, The Guardian, Amapola Periodismo (mx), Pie de página (mx), Interferencia (cl), Zero Grados (esp), LATFEM (arg), La Vaca (arg), El Salto (esp), Amerika21 (ale), Lateinamerika Nachrichten (ale), Mundo Diners, El Comercio, GK, Vistazo, La Tecla-R, Radio Cocoa, La Periódica, La Andariega.
- Photo Oxford Festival, UK,
2021 “Women creating landscapes.
- Bodies - Strings, Art Women Ecuador, Alianza Francesa de Quito
- Love and Politics; how to live together? (Brigada Kitoh) at the Valparaíso International Photography Festival, 2021.
- Education through WhatsApp (Fluxus Foto) at the UNDP stand of the Photoville Festival 2020 in New York.
- Brazil Award 2019, Centro de Arte Contemporáneo de Quito, February - December 2020.
- Women's stories through art, National Court of Justice of Ecuador, March 2020.
- Narrativas Transitorias at No Lugar - Arte Contemporáneo, 2019.
- MAPPA (Cátedra de Café), Fundación Un Lugar Aparte, 2018.
- Bicycles, Fior de Lise, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2013. Work acquired by the Dansk Cyclist Forbund.
- Foto-Graffi-Arte, La ventana indiscreta, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2010.