Available in Tolosa
Africa Asia Latin America Middle East
Languages Spoken: Basque, English, Spanish
Years of experience: 3 to 5
I was born in Tolosa, in the Basque Country in 1979. I worked as graphic designer for a long time until I decided to leave everything behind and devote my life to my real passion: photography. Me and my camera travelled to Southeast Asia and such eye opening trip led me to study Documentary Photography in Madrid.
My first project named ‘LA HIGUERA DEL CHE’ (set on the town where commander Che Guevara was murdered) was completed five years ago, and it was very well received by the public, having culminated it in an art exposition in my hometown.
Since then, my works have been published on many national and international media, such as: Interviú, 7k, 7 Haizetara, Vice UK and Al Jazeera. In 2018 I obtained the BAFFEST prize of the best Basque female photographer.
Represented by LUZ PHOTOAWARDS:
- Finalist in Siena International Photography Awards 2018
- Selected to exhibit in Barcelona International Photography Awards 2018 - 2019
- Winner in BAFFEST EMERGING TALENT 2018 ( Best female emerging photographer in the Basque Country )
- IPA, INTERNATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS 2019 : 3rd Place / Deeper Perspective
- JOOP SWART MASTERCLASS 2020, nominatedEXHIBITIONS:
-LA HIGUERA DEL CHE ( Tolosa, Basque Country, 2015 )
-HIDDEN IRAN ( Barakaldo and Tolosa, Basque Country, 2019 )