Your application must include the items listed below. The grant is open to new and active Visura members with a Plus, Prime or GUILD account. There is no application fee.
- 1. Submit a film or video file that combines sound and full-motion video. The film or video can include photographs, text, and/or graphics. Suggested length: 3 to 12 minute.
- 2. Submit a project summary, and a first-person written narrative related to the multimedia video and story
- 3. Limit one project per membership (group projects allowed)
- 4. Projects may be 'published' or 'private' within Visura
- 5. Applicants must be active members through April 2017
- How to submit:
- All submissions are made via a “Project” created from your Visura Dashboard or Site Manager.
- Video: Embed from Vimeo or YouTube
- Steps to embedding a video:
- (Step by step guild)
- * Create a project by uploading the video poster (.jpg)
- * In the Photo/Video section, click "Add Embedded Media"
- * Paste your embed code
- * Add submission text as "Project Text"
- Who can submit:
- Individuals worldwide, who have worked on or are working on a multimedia and/or video project that has not been published in a major media outlet. All Applicants must have an active Plus, Prime or GUILD membership to submit for consideration.
- What to submit:
- Each entry consists of a 3 to 12 minute film or video file that combines sound and full-motion video. The film or video can include photographs, text, and/or graphics. Addtionally, please submit a project summary, and a first-person written narrative related to the multimedia video and story
The 2016 Visura Multimedia Grant recognizes and provides support to filmmakers, photographers, media producers and documentarians. Visura awards one winner with a $5000.00 cash prize.
The Grant has a three-tiered mission: 1) recognize professional individuals working on multimedia storytelling films and/or videos for their projects, stories, and dedication; 2) support multimedia storytelling films and/or videos that bring awareness to a socio-cultural and/or political cause relevant to today’s world; 3) get the filmmakers', photographers', media producers' and documentarians' projects in front of key industry editors.
- JUDGING PROCESS
- Visura will be accepting submissions from Thursday, April 14 through Friday, May 27th, 2016 at 11:59pm UTC. The judging process will take place in three rounds. The winner will be announced by the last week of May 2016, beginning of June.
Read Full Terms and Conditions
Read Full Terms and Conditions
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Open only to individuals who are Visura Annual Members with a PLUS, PRIME, or GUILD annual membership, have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction at the time of entry, and DO NOT RESIDE WHERE PROHIBITED. Employees of Foto Visura Inc., and related parties are ineligible. Each entry consists of a project entry form, a series of photographs, a project summary, and a first-person narrative related to the photographs. Entries must be received by 11:59pm EST on May 27, 2016. One entry allowed per person. This is a merit-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of winners. Odds of winning depend on numbers of entries received and skill of entrant. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sponsor is Foto Visura Inc. dba Visura, 1319 VT RT 128, Westford, VT 05494.