Scout Film Festival is seeking a Design Intern to execute various promotional/collateral elements for the upcoming festival October 27-30 in Boston, MA. The Design Intern must be proficient working in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and light film editing. The Scout team is passionate about empowering team members, and creating a positive environment for learning.
The Design Intern will be working with existing design templates from previous years which should be used as a guide. Scout will provide all design template elements in raw format. We also invite the Design Intern to present an entirely new direction, should this be of interest to the Designer. A brief for a new design direction will be provided.
The goal of this artwork is to clearly convey practical information about the upcoming event and build excitement.
If you are interested in applying for this internship, or have questions, please contact the Scout Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Founder, Scout Film Festival
More details below.All designs (updated and new) should continue to convey Scout's mission
: Scout serves to amplify emerging voices worldwide, build connections that lead to collaborations, provide educational opportunities, and foster an inclusive, merit-based, equitable pathway into the film, media, and journalism industries.
Our team works to encourage creative thinking, connect emerging filmmakers with peers and industry leaders, and engage young filmmakers in making the world a better place through film.Final Deliverables Based on Current Template:
Design Brief for New Design/Direction:
- - posters, festival passes, festival catalog - all elements will be printed and posted digitally on social media, website, press releases
- - updated designs should be in full color and b/w
- - final files should be printable/legible at large, small and in-between sizes as well as legible emailed via pdf
- - final files should be provided in original, editable file format (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator...)
- - designs should be ultimately positive and uplifting
- - IF you think it's relevant or interesting, you can include a visual reference to film or youth creativity
- - Scout is an international organization, so consider all designs with a global lens
Banner image by James Jennings