- Full withdrawal of the extradition bill from the legislative process
- Retraction of the characterisation of the 12 June 2019 protests as "riots"
- Release and exoneration of arrested protesters
- Establishment of an independent commission of inquiry into police behaviour
- Universal suffrage for Legislative Council and Chief Executive elections.
However, the Hong Kong government has always responded to citizenship demands by deploying the police and dramatizing the situation in the city more and more.