Available in: Bratislava
Photographer, Advertising, Travel, Still Life, Fashion, Fine Art, Luxury, History, Creative, Photo Editor, Photography, Art Director, Portraiture, Lifestyle, Conceptual, Art, Culture, Agent, Arts & Culture, Freelance, Marketing, Civil Rights and Social Inequality, Life, Impact, Assignments, Commercial, Communications, Creative Executive, Strategist, Visual Communications , Business Development, Human Rights, International, Creative Professional, Artist, Commercials, Marketing Manager, Brand Strategist
Research, Sports, Lighting Tech, Pre-press, Adobe Premier, Photo Editing, Art Direction, Retouching, Film Photography, Marketing, Senior Director
Europe USA & Canada
Languages Spoken: English, French, Czech, Slovak
Years of experience: More than 10
HEFAT certification? no
Petra Lajdová (1978) Slovakia, Bratislava.
Photography became a part of my life and professional development during my stay in Prague (1999-2004). I won an award in the Czech Republic in 2006 for my creative portrait entitled “Sebeláska” (Self-love). I perfected my craft at internships and during stays in France (2007 - 2010). I am seeking to renew interest in traditional art, offering a modern view to today’s generations. I aim to see also new way of communicating concepts, renewing forgotten and linking it with symbols and cultures all over the world where I see no borders and limits for mutual understanding and inspiration. Simplicity is crucial. I honor aesthetics and harmoniously combine the objects, light, the models in a unity.
From 2008 to 2010 I had solo exhibitions and group exhibitions within the framework of significant artistic events in PiešÅ¥any and Bratislava:
“Viva Musica!” music festival of a classic in Bratislava´s old center 2008, solo "Passionately with feeling" (2004-2008) in the old cultural town of PiešÅ¥any in 2009, creative concept accomplished for the Notabene charity organization promotion in accordance with its 8th anniversary, carrying out the original concept called “We help them to take off” in 2009, portraits named “Are we different or not” on the New Bridge over the river Danube of the Capital in Slovakia i 2010
In August 2014, I presented renaissance of the art and aesthetics of Slovak traditional folk costumes named “Slovak Renaissance”, the first modern art photographic display of Slovak Folk Art and cultural heritage in Slovakia. In 2016 my work was presented in Paris at EURO2016 (country representation). In February 2017, I had solo exhibition at Miloš Alexander Bazovský fine art gallery in TrenÄín in Slovakia and achieved over 4200 recording visitors (record turnout of the gallery).
Slovak Renaissance artwork showed great solo exhibition display at prestigious Danubiana Meulensteen Art Museum in Slovakia in summer 2017 (2.6.-3.9.2017). Visitors had a great opportunity to see these large-format photographs within great exhibition space in Europe.
In 2018, I exhibited in London, as part of the “Another Europe” group exhibition to celebrate the European Year of Cultural Heritage and in the autumn 2018 in Rome at the international group exhibition entitled “The Essential.” In spring 2019, I exhibited in the cultural capital of Romania, Sibiu, as part of the second edition of “Another Europe” exhibition, held by Austrian Cultural Forum in Romania.
2020 - "Art of Photography", Barcelona, Spain, curated and organised by PH21 Contemporary Photography Gallery in cooperation with Valid World Hall Gallery in Barcelona, international group exhibition, on view: 6th January 6th - 13th January, 2020
2020 - "Still Life, Alternative exposures", Rome, Italy, Millepiani, curated by Loosenart Mag Gallery, international group exhibition, on view: 3rd January - 6th February, 2020
2019 - "ANOTHER EUROPE", SIBIU, Romania, curated by Hamish Park, The Austrian Cultural Forum Bucharest in collaboration with EUNIC Romania, the European Commission Representation in Romania and the Municipality of Sibiu, an outdoor exhibition featuring 28 photographs, one from each EU Member-State, which explores the diversity of European Heritage. On view: April 18th - May 16th, 2019
* in 2018 - collective exhibition "The Essential", Rome, Italy, Millepiani, curated by Loosenart, international group exhibition, November 2018
* in 2018 - "ANOTHER EUROPE", London Kings Cross, UK, group exhibition of European Heritage as representing artist for Slovakia, around the Kings Cross area of London, along King’s Boulevard and Pancras Square, curated by Hamish Park, UK, Austrian Cultural Forum London in collaboration with the Representation of the European Commission in the UK and EUNIC (European Union National Institutes of Culture). On view: July 10th - August 9th 2018
* in summer 2017, solo exhibition of Slovak Renaissance artwork in Danubiana Meulensteen Museum, Slovakia, within Summer Art Festival. Visitors (15 000) had great opportunity to see these large format photographs within great space exhibition in Europe from June 2 until September 3, 2017
* in winter 2017, solo exhibition Miloš Alexander Bazovský Gallery in TrenÄín, "Slovak Renaissance" (2012-2014) ...when beauty comes to light, Slovakia, photography art exhibition, curator: Elena Porubänová, GMAB, TrenÄín (2.2. 2017 - 26.3. 2017), Slovakia
* In 2016, her artwork Slovak renaissance was presented in Paris at EURO2016. In February 2, 2017, M.A.Bazovsky Gallery in Trencin in Slovakia, opened her exhibition "Slovak Renaissance" where public has great oppportunity to see large format photographs (achieved over 4200 recording vsitors, record turnout of the gallery).
* In August 2014, she presented renaissance of the art and esthetics of Slovak traditional folk costumes named “Slovak Renaissance”, two year project (2012-2014), to celebrate the art of Slovak ancestors and showing respect and appreciation for Slovak folk art and traditions.
* In September 2010, she exhibited her portraits named “Are we different or not” on the New Bridge over the river Danube of the Capital in Slovakia.
* In November 2009 Petra exhibited her creative concept accomplished for the Notabene charity organization promotion in accordance of its 8th anniversary. She carried out the original concept called “We help them to take off” and she received first respectful media recognition. This creative photography concept reflects the enjoyment of former homeless people who had been able to change their lives and to become respectful personalities.
* In summer 2009 she exhibited her works 2004-2008 in the old cultural town of PiešÅ¥any where she got first outside Bratislava media and public attention
* In summer 2008 her photos accompanied “Viva Musica!” music festival of classic in Bratislava´s old center