(Torreblanca de los Caños, Sevilla. 1978) Born in Seville, Spain- Graduated as Higher Level Technical Visual Image and Audiovisual Producer at I.E.S Néstor Almendros. General Certificate of Education with the qualification of Honor's registration and Second National Prize Completion of Higher Level.
My work focuses on human and social stories, neglected diseases as Kala Azar, Malaria or Tuberculosis denounce the killing of albinos in Africa, the situation of Sahrawi refugees in Tindouf or former child soldiers seeking to realize their future plans, show the positive struggle of African women against AIDS and its stigma or wonder what leads people to do dirty Tourism ... are some of the topics that I seek to give visibility.
With over 15 years of professional experience in the film industry, I have served as film technician and documentary filmmaker in numerous film , tv and documentary productions national and internationals, with directors like Ridley Scot, Guillermo del Toro, Javier Fesser, Fernando Fernán Gómez, David Trueba... Among others.
I have collaborated with NGOs like the Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, Handicap International or World Vision documenting projects in Asia, Africa, Central America or Europe. My work have been internationally featured in publications such as Washington Post, National Geographic, Colors Magazine, CNN, Foreign Policy, Days Japan, Aljazeera, Sunday Times. Since 2011, I have been represented by several international agencies as Cordon Press/Corbis or Transterra Media and member of the Royal Photographic Society for 5 years.
I am also co-founder of AnHua, a collective of photographers and visual artists who have decided to join to document the social, historical and contemporany changes. AnHua focuses its commitment and concerns on issues related to human rights, anthropology, economics and environment. Its objective is to give voice to the forgotten conflicts that are not documented by the media.
- 1st Prize of Photography of the Second Exhibition of Visual Anthropology Madrid.
- Public Prize in the 11th Days Japan International Photojournalism Awards.
- Special Jury Prize at the 2015 HPA - The Humanity Photo Awards of UNESCO.
- Alfred Fried Photography Award 2015 - UNESCO. Finalist.
- International Competition “Capture Corruption” - Transparency Internacional. Honorable Mention.
- 1st Prize “Images for International Cooperation”Department of Development Cooperation of the University of Zaragoza.
- Finalist International Festival of Photography PHOTOVISA 2015 - "The Language of Memory"
- International Image Festival (FINI 2015). Honorable Mention
- 3er Prize Terra Mater Photo-Contest 2014.
- XVIII International Prize of Humanitarian Photography Luis Valtueña 2º Finalist.
- International Photography Award. HIPA 2014 – “Creating the Future”. Finalist.
- Gold Medal China International Photographic Art Exhibition.
- 1st Prize Contemporary African Photography Award (POPCAP)
- 2º Prize International Image Festival (FINI 2013)
- 1st Prize Globalgiving Photo Contest
- Iberoamerican photography projects “Saltando Muros” Spain. FIArt Foundation. Finalist.
- Grant 12th Photographic Forum Can Basté. Winner.
- 1st Prize International Photography Revela'12 to holders of the Social Rights
- XVI International Prize of Humanitarian Photography Luis Valtueña Finalist
- 4º Quarter JGS - Forward Thinking Museum Contest. Finalist.
- Award PhotoEspaña Fisheye Human Rights 2010. Finalist.
- Descubrimientos PhotoEspaña – International Festival of photography and visual arts - 2010. Selection.
- International Festival of Photography PHOTOVISA 2015 - "The Language of Memory"- Acid Attack.
- 3rd Edition of -Article 31 Film Fest-, Festival of Documentary Film, video journalism and Human Rights, Madrid. “Dirty Tourism”.
- Collective 16TH IACC Conference Transparency International. Putrajaya, Malaysia.
- International Festival of the Image - FINI, Mexico DF, Mexico. "Dirty Tourism".
- Collective. Days Japan International Photojournalism Awards 2015, Japon. “Dirty Tourism”
- Collective XVIII International Prize of Humanitarian Photography Luis Valtueña. “Dirty Tourism”.
- 5th International Photojournalism Festival Photon Festival. Valencia. La Nau University of Valencia. Valencia, Spain. “Future Plans”
- Collective, International Photo Biennale Guayaquil, Ecuador.
- Pondycherry Festival, Pondycherry, India. “Future Plans”
- Collective, HIPA. International Photography Award. Dubai.“Creating the Future”.
- Institute Cervantes, New Delhi, India. "Future Plans".
- Vogele Kultur Centrum, Zurich, Switzerland. "Future Plans".
- Lagos Photo Festival, Lagos, Nigeria. "Future Plans".
- JT Photogallery, Outono Photographic'13, Vigo, Spain. "Future Plans".
- POP CAP´13, Basel, Switzerland. “Future Plans”
- Athens Photo Festival, Athens. Greece. "Future Plans".
- Collective. PhotoIreland Festival, Dublin, Ireland. "Future Plans".
- Delhi Photo Festival, India Habit Center, New Delhi, India. "Future Plans".
- International Festival of the Image, Mexico DF, Mexico. "Future Plans".
- Can Basté Foundation, Barcelona, Spain. "Future Plans".
- Collective. “The Bell Tolls”, Buenos Aires Argentina.
- Collective. XVI International Prize of Humanitarian Photography Luis Valtueña, Pamplona, Vigo, Seville, Barcelona, Madrid ... Spain. "Kala Azar. Black Fever".
- Collective “Award Reveals”. Outono Photographic’12, Ourense, Spain.“Memory Books”.
- Collective HeroRats-Apopo, Deurne Rivierenhof, Antwerpen.
- Collective “Award Reveals”. Photography Biennial Xavier Miserach, Son Espace Gallery, Cataluña, Spain. “Memory Books”.
- Collective Reveals International Photography Award “Memory Book”, Can Basté, Barcelona, Spain.
- Photo Gallery FNAC. Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, La Coruna ... . "Ninja: Gold Rush in Mongolia".
- Photo Gallery FNAC. Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, La Coruna ... . "Memory Books".
- Collective, Photo Spain Fisheye Human Rights. Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla... “Memory Books
- National Museum of Anthropology. Madrid – Spain. “Turismo Sucio” 2015.
- Collective PopCap, Fès Encounters en Morocco 2015.
- Collective PoCap, OBSCURA Festival, George Town Malaysia. "Future Plans”. 2015.
- Collective. Bursa Photofest 2013. Turquía.
- Outono Photographic’12, Ourense, Spain. An-Hua Collective. “Memory Book”.
- Visible Festival. San Sebastian, Spain. “Transmongolian”.
- El Trapiche, Granada, Spain. An-Hua collective “Memory Book”
- MUBAM, Museum of Fine Arts of Murcia, Spain. “Memory Book”.
- Sestao Photo Festival, Basque Country. Spain – “Memory Books”.
- Book "Extreme Life at the limits" WWF - Foundation World Wide Fund for Nature and Pro Future.
- Book “Creating the Future.” Limited Edition. Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum International Photography Award. HIPA.
- Book “Memory Book”. Limited Edition. AnHua.
Phone: +34 610 84 79 05
email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
web: www.davidrengel.es / www.an-hua.org