Moving Walls 24: Here We Are brings together 10 individual and collective artists, journalists, documentarians, and advocates who engage with art and documentary practice as a form of resistance. For the first time, each selected artist has also been awarded a grant to fund new or existing work on a related topic.
The exhibition features:
- Xyza Cruz Bacani, We Are Like Air
- Endia Beal, The Performance Review
- Rahima Gambo, Education Is Forbidden
- Eric Gyamfi, Just Like Us
- Stephanie Mercedes, Luz del Día: Copyrighting the Light of Day
- Reentry Think Tank, I AM, We the People
- Ruddy Roye, When Living Is a Protest
- Dread Scott, in this society, on this earth, in this day
- Daniella Zalcman, Signs of Your Identity
The exhibition will be open to the public through July 20, 2018. Since its inception in 1998, Moving Walls has featured approximately 200 photographers and artists whose works address a variety of social justice and human rights issues that coincide with the Open Society Foundations’ mission.